View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 04:54 AM   #1
ladyj
No Longer a Member

Rose Kozanna doing well, but so sad

Kozanna's first night at her new home went very well. She was 9 months old on Dec. 14. She slept all night without any problems. I set up an x-pen in the living room with a vinyl tablecloth on the floor and newspapers so she will have lots of room to move around, but is still confined when I can't watch her. I want her to see everyone and everything that goes on around here. She wanted to chase Lacy and Cosmo this morning and licked my fingers and let me pet her a little. She is afraid of being picked up, so I don't pick her up, just sit on the floor and let her come to me to be cuddled. I had never met a dog just out of a pupppymill before. Let me tell you, it is so very sad! Kozanna is just out of the puppymill 12 days today. This little girl just stands around, doesn't know what else to do. She obviously isn't used to having room to move around and doesn't know what toys are. She doesn't snuggle up to sleep, although she finally did sleep in a snuggle bed. She doesn't know not to potty where she sleeps and I think she had very little space at the puppymill. I think she needs to gain some weight and her muscle tone is not good and her legs aren't straight and firm. She's getting good food now and will get more exercise and I hope she will look and feel better. She got all of her shots yesterday and a worm pill this morning, so the last couple of days have been full of shocks for her. Things are pretty quiet around my house, so she will have all the time she needs to get used to being here and understand that she is loved and will have everything she needs. I just want to hold her and cry! She is very pretty and has such a sweet little face, with big, sad eyes and big Chihuahua ears and a tiny little nub of a tail. She shivers and I know it isn't cold in my house. She has a nice sweater that I will put on her when she goes out, but that won't be for a while. It's quiet and settle down time for sweet Kozanna. All she has to do is learn to be a well loved little girl.
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!