Thread: Rabies shot???
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #13
Mere_de_Jambo
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegirl_101 View Post
ok thank you very much! its not that i'm cheap and just want to get by with as little as possible but i do not want my puppy pumped full of drugs either
I totally understand what you are saying about having too many drugs. Just make sure there is plenty of time in between vaccinations. There are articles out there that are against all vaccinations. At the end of the day, you need to listen to your instincts. I recently got my pup vaccinated for Rabies. Though vaccinations definitely wear their immune systems down, I felt that I would rather do it than have the possibility of something unlucky happen to him that I would kill myself over if I knew there was something I could have done to prevent it. I noticed that my Jambo was coughing/reverse sneezing a few weeks ago. Someone told me that it could be kennel cough/bordetella. I asked my vet during his first exam about all necessary vaccinations and she had not mentioned this one. My dog has never been in a kennel situation and hardly been around other dogs so I was concerned. After doing some research, I was furious that he might have something that could have been prevented and gave some major attitude to the clinic. They told me they did not think it was kennel cough but something they couldn't quite figure out. Anyways, this definitely was little alert to me about vaccinations. I plan to to titer (spelling?) test for any future boosters so he is not vaccinated if he doesn't need to be.
Mere_de_Jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!