View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
cgennawey
Yorkie Yakker

Default Chunk's poor vision

Hello everyone! A couple of months ago we noticed Chunk, our 12 lb yorkie, was having trouble seeing. While playing with him we would put his toy to the sides of his head and he could not see it. He could only see the toy if it was directly in front of his eyes. We also noticed that he constantly bumps into things like the coffee table and chairs, etc. During one of other dog's Dr. appt. I mentioned Chunk's eye problem to our vet and he thought that Chunk may have had a reaction to his puppy shots called blue eyes. Chunk does have a blue/green glow to his eyes that he did not have as a puppy. We can see this glow day and night. The next day I took Chunk to the vet and he said Chunk's vision was fine because his pupils reacted to light just fine. He said he may have bad eyesight but all looked ok. He also said Chunk's clumsiness could also be a factor. I know I'm not a vet but I really feel the vet is wrong. Chunk is now almost 9 months old and I think his vision is getting worse. My poor baby keeps bumping his head on things because he is always walking into things. Please tell me your thoughts.
cgennawey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!