Thread: Rabies shot???
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 AM   #10
Marly Mathews
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I live in Ontario,Canada and it is mandatory for all dogs to have their Rabies shot. When the vet gives the Rabies shot here they are given a little dog tag that you can carry or put on their collars or harnesses. They also receive a paper signed by the vet stating that they have had their rabies shot.

In Ontario, Canada if your dog does not have it's rabies shot and the authorities find out then there is a severe fine.

Our vet when she gives them the rabies shot always says Ok now you're legal.

Our girls have a reaction to the rabies shot which I am told is not uncommon, so a breeder told my sister to have their shots split up. Rabies first, and then we wait a couple of weeks, and then take them for their vaccines. She said that these little guys are too small to take a vaccine and a rabies shot together. Breaking their shots up this way is much better for my girls as they are not quite as ill. One other thing the breeder said is that the puppy should be at least 2pounds before giving them a rabies shot, otherwise she waits until they are older.

We have a lot of terrific breeders here at YT perhaps one of them could give you some information.

~Marly
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!