Thread: Rabies shot???
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
I Love Bailey
I Love Angel too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegirl_101 View Post
Hi, i have a 14 week-old yorkie puppy and am unsure about rabies shots. The lady i bought him from (a trusted friend) says that since he is an indoor dog and there are very few uncontrolled animals with rabies then Koda does not need it. but this new vet that i'm going to (the same vet the lady goes to) say that there is enough risk for it to be worth while. So, now i'm confused any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. Same with kennel cough as he will not be going to a kennel.
You have to give your dog the rabies vaccine. I would highly recommend giving your puppy the bordatella vaccine .(kennel cough) if you take your dog outside, to the groomers or even to dog training your dog can catch it, it is very contagious and hard to cure. It can be fatal.
I have adopted 2 dogs in the past from a shelter who both had it. It tooks months to go away as well as vet visits and antibiotics and cough medicine. It is really a horrible thing to see. The shelters called and said I could return the dogs and get my fees back. They would have euthinized them. ):
When animal shelters have animals that have it, they have to put all the animals down because they can never get rid of it.

Your vet can break the shots up, and bordatella can be given inhaled through the nose instead of a shot.

Last edited by I Love Bailey; 12-19-2007 at 02:19 PM.
I Love Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!