Thread: Rent a Dog
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
Misti1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabyNatalie View Post
This is just wrong on SO many levels...... I see where they could possibly think it's "good for the dogs" in that, they are homeless rescues and they evidently feel that the added socialization of a variety of home environments, etc. could help these furbabies (if you look at it as, "hey, it's better than where they came from"... ) but ANY transition for an animal is one that takes it's toll.... physically and emotionally.... not to mention constantly being bounced around from one family to another... the animal will never be able to trust or feel secure in his environment, no matter how much "love" the families feel they are giving for a day, a weekend or whatever.
What's the ultimate goal of this "project"?? Are they making money on the "rental" of homeless dogs for profit?? Do they have any intention of using these "temporary rentals" as "test drives" for possible adoptions so that the dog eventually finds a PERMANENT home?
I don't get it........... and I don't think I could support it......... (JMO)
Remember there were bible verses quoted to justify slavery as a good thing too.. If you want to convince yourself you are doing something noble you can find a way.
Misti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!