View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

I don't know how to help you, but I wanted to let you know about some dog's "pooping dynamics".

Some dogs need to "walk it off". In other words, it's not like peeing where they sniff a spot and pee there. Pooing requires a greater degree of walking, searching, walking more, circling and then pooping. (It's their nature, they can't help it).

Millie is a walker, but also more importantly, she does not want to do it anywhere near her domicile. I found poo in the house, only one time, when we first got her. It was in the guest bedroom, behind the bed. This was the furtherest location, from her "living area". We live on 2.5 acres. When we would take her outside (she is outside trained) she would walk/run almost an acre before she would go poo. She always had to do it far far far away from the house. She still does (but we have our yard fenced, so it's ok, she can have at it.)

This made her really easy to train on pooing. She only had that one mistake and never again. Because she wanted to go poo outside. It's what instinctually made sense to her.

How does that help? Not at all, except to have you understand that some dogs, may never be satisfactorily trained to poo in one area (especially in the house), because it goes against their nature.

Just my thoughts. But others may come along and let you know how they successfully combatted this problem.

Last edited by Ladylavender; 12-19-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!