View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
CollegeCutieUSF
Mom to Biggie & Capone
Donating Member

Default Petsmart Almost Killed Mr. Biggs!!!!

OMG! I went to petsmart this weekend and bought Mr. Biggs 1 dose of Advantix because he was having a bad flea attack.

We also bought some flea shampoo... so I bathed him Saturday. I asked the people at Banfield in PetSmart how long I should wait until I put the advantix on him. They said to wait 2 days, so i figured I would put it on him last night (Tuesday).

While I was asking them the above question, they looked us up in the computer.. I was there a month ago to buy advantix. When I went last month they had asked me his weight, so it didn't even occur to me that they hadn't asked this time. I figured it was in their computer since they went through all the hassle of looking us up on the computer. I mena if you're not looking it up to get useful/important information, why the hell bother!

So anyway... last night we put the advantix on him... but after I poured the whole tube on him, we found it weird that there was so much extra liquid (if was literally a little puddle of liquid on his back. So...it occurs to me to check the tube, because somethign just didn't look right. We didn't see nearly half as much of the liquid last time. So sure enough I check the tube and it says Advantix 20. No where on the tube or the payperwork does it say what the 20 means. So sure enough I run to my computer and look it up...and just as I suspected... it was for a dog 11-20 pounds!!!!!!! Mr. Biggs is only 4.5 pounds!!!!!!!! I almost died!

We hurried up and I threw him in the tub and washed it all off with his minksheen shampoo. My friends were visiting, so they helped me was it off him and we let the shampoo soak in. Meanwhile, my BF was looking on the advantix site for an emergency number... but no such luck. So then I hurry and call our vet's emergency number and they said that since I wasn't it off so quickly that he should be okay, but to check for signs of poisoning like lethargy, vomiting, diareaha, etc..

At this point I was so worked up and so scared for my little guy. I stayed up til 1am with Mr. Biggs sleeping curled up in a ball between me and the BF.

He made it through the night just fine (I guess because we washed it off a minute after we put it on). But needless to say that after work we're going to PetSmart/Banfield and raising hell! They could have killed Mr. Biggs had we not realized so quickly that something was not right!

I'm also going to notify their corporate offices of this situation, as they could have had one heck of a lawsuit on their hads had anything happened to my baby!

Sorry for the long post-- i just wanted you all to know what happened, so that it never happens to your furbabies!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!