Thread: Puppy School?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 07:07 AM   #7
ItsyBitsy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Growing up, my family rescued a cocker spaniel at 1.5 years old. When he was closer to 2, my parents made me take him to obedience class. I think I was 18 at the time, and not very interested in training him. Needless to say, we failed obedience class Out of a class of about 12 dogs, me and one other person was the only one that failed.

Now that I'm a lot older (not sure about the wiser part though, lol) obedience is a lot different. I've been taking Bitsy to puppy classes at Petsmart and tomorrow is our last class and she will be tested. I'm not too worried cuz she's doing a lot better than half the class.

Prior to taking the class, she knew sit, come, say please. Since taking the classes, she learned down (which I didn't know how to teach on my own), stay, paw, leave it, drop it. I think the classes were great, I learned how to teach her, and Bitsy got to have fun with the socialization and all.

Worse comes to worse, even if your puppy fails, you had fun, your puppy had fun and that's all that really matters. It's not like your puppy will be a failure in life, not get a good job or a good future if he failed puppy school, lol.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!