Thread: Vets!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
meglaulanmar
YT Addict

Default Vets!

Ahhh... my vet is driving me crazy. I feel like they are over cautious about some things and under cautious about others.

Ok... has anyone ever heard of viruses passing between humans and dogs? Why I ask... my kids got sick first... diarrhea and vomiting ... we.. the adults got sick too... but it seemed like the younger the child the worse the virus... then a few days later the dogs started w/ vomit and diarrhea (not much vomit). Well... I pulled them off food for 12 hours (vet recom.) after they seemed better but the diarrhea stuck. Well the bigger the puppy the faster they got better. I even took a stool sample in to make sure no worms (even though they were wormed reg. and just the week before). The bigger puppies were better w/ a bland ckn and rice diet w/i a couple of days. However the 2 smallest puppies have kept the diarrhea. (another funny side note... my yorkie Chloe and my baby Gigi....neither one got it... yorkies apparently amuned to this virus.). I have kept the 2 smallest maltese on a ckn and rice diet and I have fasted them both at vet recom. twice. Nothing... changes! So I asked the vet about flagyl (per breeder) and he said NO way! Too strong. Ok... so I asked about canned pumpkin (per this site) and again (NO WAY!) he said allergic reactions to canned pumpkin can kill! I thought this was odd... since so many use it on this page. But I held off. But the only recom. of the vet is the ckn and rice. I even went to just rice. and then rice and green beans. Nothing works. They aren't sick... or losing weight ... they eat hardily... they stay hydrated... what do I do?
FYI... ok... to discribe their poop, in case that helps... it starts out as a really dark mustard color w/ a thick ... but smooth consisitancy... then it turns into whatever they eat... if ckn and rice goes in.... ckn and rice comes out...much lighter color after a few days... but still way way too loose!

Ideas?

Canned pumpkin against vet advice? Should I take them back in even though they said it was just a virus and they have been useless to this point or just keep working at it since they seem fine otherwise?
meglaulanmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!