View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
jamiesaari
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I went through similar emotions in losing my Yorkie, Annie, on Dec. 14. For the first few days I literally couldn't stop crying and wished there was something I could do to stop the pain. My heart goes out to you.

When I could get my crying under control, I took some time (at the advice of other YT Members) to go through www.petfinder.com with the idea of opening my heart to another rescued Yorkie. While I was searching, I felt guilty because no dog will ever take the place of Annie.

To make a long story short, I made a few inquiries and received an email and phone call from a Humane Society in Thief River Falls because they though I had the perfect home for a four-year-old girl. I took the three-hour drive out there and instantly fell in love with her. We brought Tika home on Sunday and she has given me so much joy already. I know Annie would have been happy that I am rescuing another dog and knowing this alleviates my pain a little bit.

I know everyone is different and you may feel hesitant to get a new dog so quickly, but for me it has given me joy and partially filled the hole in my heart left by Annie. I hope you are able to find a way that works for you to alleviate your pain.

Warm Regards,

Jamie
jamiesaari is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!