Thread: Hi! I'm new :D
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #14
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopresm View Post
Hello and Welcome! I am also a new member and a first time Yorkie owner. We love our little Remi. He is 16 months old. We were nervous bringing him home but we followed the advice of the breeder and the vet. The advice I found most helpful that I will pass on to you is something we still do.
We keep Remi in a crate next to the bed at night, covered with a towel. From the first day he was brought home he never cried. I think he feels safe in his little house with us nearby. He has "lights out" at around 9 or 10 pm and he wakes up at around 6 am - 6:30 am. He has kept this same schedule since he was brought home the first day.

In addition, housebreaking takes a lot of patience and consistency. If you feed on a schedule and take your pup out very often, especially after eating, drinking, or play, he will eventually get the idea!

Yorkies are unbelievable to live with! Your pup will give you lots of love and joy!

Best of luck to you and your family! Merry Christmas
good information.
Welcome to YT, these little guys are nothing but a bundle of love and joy to have around. The love you give will be returned 10 fold. Please have patience, training can be hard to handle, but do not hit a yorkie, they will never forget being hurt. These guys are very smart.
All the best to you. Merry christmas. pooh's mum
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!