View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #8
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegan's mom
Ok, so I am such a bad, bad mommy. I try to give Deegan a good brushing on the weekends when he gets his bath and then a couple shorter times during the week too. But it's so hard, he quirms and bites and growls.

Maybe I should be doing more often or maybe be more firm with him because I found a little mat under his little armpit last night. It's matted pretty good. And I tried to pull it apart as much as I could, then brush it out. But it's not coming out completely. It has loosend up, but it not gone yet.

So my question is what it the best grooming tool to use to get these nasty liitle mats out? A brush, a comb, a slicker brush etc? If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate them also. I feel like a terrible mother, not taking proper care of him.
Perhaps a grooming table with the loop for his neck would work for you. They are inexpensive and perhaps if he had a place like that you could handle him better. I don't know what to tell you otherwise. The detangler works great. You can spray it on and wait and hold the skin away from the body so that it doesn't pull and then start combing through it from the ends.
yorkieusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!