View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 06:05 AM   #3
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiesmiles View Post
I mean no disrespect to anyone, but with the death of Linda McDonald (bamayorkiemom), I'm wondering if anyone knows of other YT members passing?

I am so saddened by bamayorkiemom's death, and my only knowledge of her is here online. I just think in this world where so many of us have not met in person, it might be easy for something to happen and we wouldn't know.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone else has passed away, if there have been any type of traditions or measures taken to recognize the individual or reach out to their family? While, I recognize that any of us can reach out to the family, I'm just wondering if there has been any type of group effort or honor before?

I'm thinking how wonderful it would be even if we had a forum here that was kind of a eulogy to those who have passed. Maybe I will make that suggestion to the administrator. There are so many wonderful members here, it would be nice if members after them, can be told of their legacy and their love of yorkies, and a place to see their beautiful dogs. (While I recognize we can go back & see people's old posts, what I'm thinking is that this would be a way to honor the member.)
I'm sad too after reading Lynns post - Bama Yorkie mom was always so nice Since I've been here - there's been one member I know of that we lost to tragedy - Her name was Rachel. (Bella Bear) who was killed in a car accident http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sho...ght=bella+bear

it's not disrespectful at all to remember those who we spend time with here & I think it's a wonderful idea especially with the holidays coming. I know it's only been 3-1/2 months since my husband died but it seems like an etertnity sometimes, other days... like it was yesterday Besides those we've lost - we should remember those who are sick, in pain or are in hardship and wish THEM all the best too.

ps -a special shout out to Michelle (Waistefull)....you have friends sweetie... please remember that during this time in your life ok ?
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!