Thread: Our ice storm
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #12
fannie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Those trees aren't actually above him, but behind him. Needless to say, we haven't let the kids out with all this. It's much too dangerous. Steven and my dh went out and basically bulldozed the yard with the tractor to get all the major stuff out of the yard. I've only ventured out a couple of times because of all the ice falling. Now the snow is weighing it down and causing more problems.

People that don't have generators and other heat sources are pretty much SOL. Some people haven't lost power at all through this and others have been like us and out for 5 days. Dh's parents have a house in town, but they go to Arizona for the winter. So he's gone in there and checked on everything for them. So far, they've done pretty good. They have power back on in there this evening. Atleast we can go take showers now!! If we don't have power in the morning, we're going to go in and shower. Plus, I have mounds and mounds of laundry to do. We're running pretty scarce on clean underwear! lol So I plan to take in a few loads of laundry as well!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!