View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
dabrat76
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Grooming questions

I know this isn't the right section, but this is where everyone looks first and I need quickish answers as we're taking SoCo to Petsmart to be groomed in a few hours.

SoCo has a cotton coat, and I know he'll never have a long flowing coat, but it's an inch or 2 past his belly and I like it that length for looks and warmth here in igloo central. (Just kidding, though I HAVE been asked before if I lived in an igloo! lol) I know everyone's had a bad experience at Petsmart but it's a convenient location while we do some shopping south of the border, and I'd rather not leave him at home. (Cross your fingers, we're showing our old trailer to someone today!)

Here are my requests to them, can you think of anything I'm missing?

1. trim or shave around anus
2. trim hair between pads - NOT on top of foot!
3. trim nails (hubby told me any breed as long as no dark nails again - WHOOPS, missed that in the standard! tee hee hee)
4. full bath (shampoo, conditioner), blow dry, brush through
5. ear cleaning and plucking
6. top knot with bow or elastic (I'll even bring some elastics)
7. DO NOT EXPRESS ANAL GLANDS
8. DO NOT cut any hair on face, legs, body or tail (he has a full undocked tail)
9. trim top 1/3 of ears (maybe, not sure if it's necessary at 8 months)
10. sanitary trim/shave on his belly

Any suggestions or comments? This is the first time I'm taking a dog to the groomers. I am TERRIFIED of coming home with a shaved dog and already warned the girl who made the appointment that they will have an EXTREMELY unhappy person to deal with if I get a shaved dog back. They said their standard is 3 hours but they call if they're done faster which she thinks (despite my list) that they will be.
dabrat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!