View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
brendak
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Please tell me stories about yorkies and children

Do you have children? How old are they? Is your yorkie a real family type dog or does he/she gravitate to you instead of the kids?

I have 3 girls 12, 10 and 5. I'm not really worried about them being too rough with a puppy because they're old enough to understand and to treat it well...what I'm worried about is whether a yorkie is the best dog for them. If any of you have children could you please tell me how your yorkie gets along with them.

I've been looking for a puppy for a while (our pom died of old age just last summer and we really need another dog) and to be honest I wasn't quite sure *what* breed we should get. Once I started seriously looking it seemed like we were always gravitating towards puppies that looked like yorkies. Just last week I found the most adorable purebred yorkie. Her mom is about 10lbs and her dad is about 5 lbs so she's not going to be teeny tiny or anything. I can have her next Friday and I'm really excited but there's that small part of me that's wondering if I've picked the best dog for the kids. I want her to be their dog as much as my dog.
brendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!