View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
Bruce's_Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Default Sometimes People Surprise You

I work at a midsize civil defense firm here in the Seattle area. Civil defense attorneys and our offices lets just say are not known for being nice guys...My coworkers have never really impressed me with their generosity although most of them are nice people...

Over the Summer one of our paralegals was raped. This necessitated her taking a lot of leave without pay. We were all unaware how desperate her financial situation had gotten however. She is a single mother of 3, had her electricity turned off, was driving on expired tabs, and was about to be evicted. Myself and another paralegal that work closely with her earlier in the week decided that we should all chip in and leave her a little something from "Santa" We expected to get only a few hundred dollars...Well in our 20 person office we managed to collect $3000.00. Enough to pay her rent, get her electricity on, and have some left over to buy her boys christmas presents! Plus one of the Partners paid her license tabs and gave her a $150 grocery gift certificate. I just never thought the folks I worked with would be that generous...It was a great surprise for me, and makes me feel a little bit more in the holiday spirit.

She came back from lunch and just found the envelope on her chair. I am so happy we were able to make her holiday brighter after all she has been through, and how hard she works. She makes my days better on a consistent basis, and I am glad to know others appreciate her too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!