Thread: The Cat :(
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #10
dexterandalana
Dreamin' of Dexter
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsyBitsy View Post
I'm a total cat person! I think if it ever came down to it, and if for some bizarro reason I was only allowed one kind of pet, it would be a cat.

My two cats leave Bitsy alone. Bitsy on the other hand loves to chase them and chew their ears. Bitsy is getting better in that she's chasing them less...

I think the cat you're watching might be bored and that's why he's stalking poor Layla. I would try the water bottle squirting everytime he stalks Layla. He'll come to associate stalking Layla with being squirted and hopefully he'll stop. I would also suggest you give the cat some stalking time with a toy for maybe 20 minutes a day. You can use a string, a teaser or a laser light. Maybe if he gets to stalk something other than Layla, he'll be less inclined to stalk her.

Good luck!
very good suggestions. i know it must be tough to see the cat pick on your baby, but i dont think he deserves to be stuck in a besment all by himself contrary to popular belief, cats are easily trainable if you know what you are doing. remember that this is all new for the poor cat and there will be an adjusting period. as long as you teach him what he is doing is wrong by squirting him and teach him what is right by dedicating some time to play with him with no dog, the cat should be fine. just like dogs, cats need love and attention too! my cat tommy gets mommy cuddle time every night.

good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!