Thread: Pet Insurance
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Kiwiglaze
Senior Yorkie Talker

Well, I would agree that many pet insurance companies are a huge ripoff. But I do have to say that although it is a good idea to put money away for a rainy day, what happens when you have been saving for only two months and then something (God forbid) catastrophic happens? You may only have $200 saved and the bill is $2000!!!

If you can find a good pet insurance compnay, you have full coverage from day one. That means if something happens to your baby the next day, you will be covered for thousands of dollars that you wouldn't have been able to save up for. To me, that is the benefit of having insurance for Kiwi. It would take me a long time to save up the $25,000 she is covered for per year.

I also chose not to get her preventative coverage, so I have a smaller monthly premium and then I save up for her shots and physicals and stuff like that and do those on my schedule. I have to say that her insurance company saved us lots of money when she went through her liver shunt testing and surgery for a liver biopsy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!