View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #14
hartygirl
megan - g
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by For My Coby View Post
Here is what I'm "going to do" for my mom. She's 79 and I just hope she sticks around long enough for me to actually do it!! I want to take a jar and fill it is with slips of paper with our simple memories jotted on them.....

Here are examples of mine.....

"Remember when we went to the Lost Forties for a picnic and forgot the bread? We ate our bologna on potato chips!"

"Remember when you used to fill up the sink with water and let us play with our animal erasers in the "big pool"?" (does anyone remember animal erasers?)

"Remember when we were sick and you gave us the glass bell called the "sick bell" to ring if we needed anything?"

"Remember when you used to rub Vicks on our chests when we had a cold?"

"Remember when the doc thought we were allergic to chocolate and you used to cut off the outside of a 3 Muskateers for us? Only to find out later that the nougat contained chocoate anyway?"

"Remember when we didn't want to go somewhere with our friends but didn't want to tell them, so we'd ask you to say we were grounded?"

"Remember when those people on vacation lost their dog at the rest area in our town and you spent the next 6 weeks tracking that dog to return it to them?"

"Remember when you brought Morris the cat home from the VFW parking lot because he jumped in the car with you and woke us up?"

This is a wonderful idea! Along with the photos idea!

If I am ever having a hard time finding something for my mom I just go to a christian book store, then I can't decide what to buy because I find so many great things!

Good luck!

hartygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!