View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #8
milliecorrales
YT 500 Club Member

Default Wow

does he run you or what? Don't mean to be insulting, but that dog is in charge of you and it is time for you to take back control. For barking, I used a rolled up newspaper and would hit it against the wall or my hand and say NO BARK NO BARK. If he stopped he would get a treat (now he only barks when he needs to go outside to potty). As far as chewing his harness, coat harness in clear antiperspirant (believe me, one bite and he will not chew it again). Same thing for your toes and fingers. Couple of times of this and he will stop biting. You need to let him know that you are the ALPHA DOG IN THIS PACK. Start by placing him on his back several times a day with you on the floor and hold him there for several minutes. Always enter and leave a place before the dog. If he misbehaves, crate him or give him a time out. Make sure that he gets enough exercise, even if he exhausts you at first, it will work out as he gets older, he will need less. Get a halti harness if necessary which allows you to control him a lot better. Good luck and remember you are the boss.
milliecorrales is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!