View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 05:09 PM   #11
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

All of these pictures are wonderful! I think it is all in the parent and how they teach their child. I feel like it is most important to teach that a dog is not a toy. There is no jumping and running at playtime, it's four on the floor and they are separated when I can not watch them. I'm not saying that all families would be ok to have a yorkie, but I feel that those people shouldn't have any dog at all. As long as you can teach your child rules and feel confident that your child can obey them. And if you teach your child from a very young age it seems to work out better, atleast it has been in my case. I have had 10 year olds be so overbearing to my dog and scare the heck out of her, because they have never learned how to treat an animal. They hover over and grab at her. When my kids play with a dog, they sit on the floor and let the dog come to them. It can work out with the right parent. But I do understand breeders as well when they don't really want to sell to a family with small children. I think I was lucky in each instance because I was able to tell the breeder that we already had a small dog and how well it worked out with my kids so far and they were able to see how my kids interacted with the dogs.
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!