View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
coroth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
If he is not neutered odds are he might start the marking. When I brought lulu home I had left lex loose and left her in the xpen and let him sniff around her from the outside. So he could get used to the new person in the house and not be able to hurt her. I also coddled him a lot and while I paid her attention I made sure to let him know that he wasn't being pushed out for the newbie that came home. Did that for maybe two days and then I left the xpen out so they could get to know each other a bit. At first he was a bit miffed because she was going nuts jumping all over him but then he eased into it. Just watch them for a bit being as he is older and the new pup will be a lot smaller. They can hurt the newbie unintentionally.

Oh when I got lulu I had to use the pads but lex was outside trained...well the minute he would see her pee on the pad he would go pee over it so you will see some of that.

Good luck. Are you planning on breeding and that is why your male is still intact?
Beau is definately NOT a full male anymore. He went under the knife a long time ago. But our first dog we had started marking when we brought Beau home and our first dog was already neutered.
coroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!