Thread: Just wondering
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
ali
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Just wondering

I have been reading lots of post about male dogs marking, and I am wondering why they may mark. I have 2 male dogs, a 7 month yorkie and a 6 year boxer. My dogs do not mark in the house ever. My yorkie (who is still a puppy has only had 5-6 accidents in the house in the 5 months that we have had him. He, alog with our boxer have the run of the house even when we are not home. I stoped crating our yorkie when he was 16 weeks old and have never had a problem. He has been lifting his leg since he was 10 weeks old, always outside. I am just wondering if the people who have making issues and use belly bands let their dogs go outside to mark. My boxer has been neutered since he was 6 months old and will mark every mail box in sight, so will my yorkie. I think that this is great and I am glad that I provide them with the oppertunity to get it out of their system when they are out. I have trained my yorkie the same way I trained my boxer. His small size does not make it ok for him to break house rules (no using the bathroom in the house, not barking, no begging, no chewing, or biting). My vet was always against pee pee pads. She told me from the begining that if you make it ok for them to pee in your house they are going to do it. She said to think of him as another boxer and give him the same exersicise and disipline.
Am I just lucky that he is so good, or is it because I let him be a dog. He goes outside pees on what ever he wants, chases squirles, rolls in the leaves, gets filthy but has fun doing it. I don't treat him like a baby (I have three young kids already). I don't carry him in a purse (I already have to carry a diaper bag and a 27 pound todler). I am just so happy that he will go on a nice long relaxing walk, and at the end of a long day being a stay at home mom I can relax with my big dog at my side, my little dog on my lap and a big glass of wine in my hand.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!