Thread: Rabies
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 04:23 AM   #11
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
Yeah, that's probably true for those pet owners that do the minimum for their pets. So you're probably right in that aspect. I'm sure that may be true for some vets out there. I hope to see dogs and cats having to be vaccinated less though...I think it's important to remember that most vets are animal lovers too and want the best for our pets...so I'm sure a lot of vets will be happy to see our pets not being overvaccinated as well
Very well said. My vet is wonderful and up to date on current vaccination protocol. Years ago, when Dr. Dodd's recommended vaccine protocol was first adopted by vet schools I asked my vet about doing titers instead of vaccinations and she was 100% in favor of it.

I did read an article, though, several years ago that said that about one quarter of a veterinary clinic's revenue comes from annual vaccinations. It gets the patients in and then they also sell them flea and heartworm products, etc. It suggested that vet would have to raise their prices if the three year protocol was generally accepted. Sure enough, my vets have gone from $28 for and office visit to $48, but rechecks which used to be free are now $38.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!