Thread: Rabies
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bit View Post
They have done studies that show it lasts at least SEVEN years! But of course that would cut into the vet's revenue too much! That's what's behind it.

This vet here was very instrumental in getting the law changed from yearly to three years in Texas. http://www.critterfixer.com/Vaccination%20Clinics.htm
I don't really know if vets are against it because it would cut into their revenue. They don't really make that much off giving a rabies vaccine. It's still recommended to have a yearly exam and heartworm test, and they make more money off of those two things than a little Rabies vaccine. Actually, I've never heard a vet being against vaccinating less as long as it's safe for the animal...I think any vet that seems against it probably is just not up to date on the latest info about vaccines and how long they last. So many older vets have been doing yearly vaccines for years and that's just all they know to do unless they've stayed "in the know".
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!