View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

He's a cutie and I'm glad he's found a loving forever home!

About a month ago I brought home a rescue and he's had quite a story. He's 8 months and this is his 5th home. He was born in a puppy mill and sold to a lady with MS that couldn't take care of him. We think he was left in a crate all day because she couldn't take care of him because he has some serious anxiety issues and CANNOT be left in a crate or gated by himself. When we did gate him in the bathroom or in his crate, he had diaherria and would mush it all up and get it all over him. This went on about 3-4 times a day for about 2 weeks before we decided to experiment and let him have free reign of the room with Chip, since then he's been doing better. Anyways, the lady realized she couldn't take care of him, so she took him to a lady that she knew would take him and find a home for him. He was held at this place for two months while another lady claimed she was going to take him. She did take him, but only kept him for four days, and brought him back because he wasn't potty trained. The lady we both got him from told her up front that he wasn't potty trained and it was pouring rain outside for the four days she had him. We're assuming she tried the crate with him and he freaked out again and she didn't want to put up with it. Well she brought him back and my friend's mom (she is friends with the rescue lady and has three rescue yorkies of her own) gives me a call and tells me about this "slightly bigger non potty trained yorkie that is 7 months old, but very smart, sweet, and neutered." I, being the sucker that I am, went and picked him up the next day :-) He's had issues with his potty training, anxiety, and he's hand shy, but we are working with him slowly and he's starting to understand. I think he knows he's found his forever home too by the way he acts. When we would take him places he refused to get in and out of the car by himself and when we picked him up he would just shake and shake. We figured out that he was scared he was going to be staying at a new place since that is all he's ever know was hopping from one place to another, but now he gets in and out on his own. He's still cautious, but he'll do it with a little encouragement. By him doing that, it lets me know that he knows he's my lil boy and I'm his mommy forever :-) Also, when we brought him home he was 7.7 lbs, but he extremely tall and long. He's about 16" long and he's about 2-3" taller than our 8 lbs yorkie. He looks like he could easily weigh about 13 lbs when he's at his proper weight. We haven't weighed him lately, but since I changed his diet to a much better food and have been feeding him extra, he's gained a lot of weight and is looking healthy. He still has a couple lbs to go though!

Good luck with your new little one! Sorry this was so long. We'd love to see more pictures.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!