View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
iheartyorkies
Boppin' Bo!
Donating Member

I wish I had some easy answers for you. As for potty training, consistency and containment are the key. Don't give your pup free roam of the house. Unless you are keeping an eye on him or playing with him, he should be restricted to a pen or small area with toys and a blanket to lay on until he can be trusted. There are lots of members here who use the pee pads. Do a search and you'll find lots of helpful threads. If he's pottying at night you may have to keep him in a pen while sleeping. How about restricting water an hour before bed? Unless he's been really active or outside a lot, of course. It seems to me that a 9 month old should be able to hold it all night. You might want to discuss that with your vet.
As far as the other issues, does your pup get lots of play time? Do you take him outside at least once to day for running and active play? Yorkies, although small are very high energy dogs. They need exercise. Seems like Bo starts to act up if he doesn't get active play each day. As far as obedience goes, maybe you should try working with him on simple commands like come, sit, stay, etc. using food as a reward. Maybe a puppy class. Yorkies are very strong-willed but they are also very smart and they are well worth the trouble. I know this is kinda random. Hope it helps. There are so many members here who are so smart! Remember, you're not alone. And by the way, welcome to YorkieTalk!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!