View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
Julz
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

WOW!!! You've got your hands FULL!!!! I mean they are all hyper, but yours sounds super hyper and out of control. I would take away his freedom privileges. Is he crated? If not, I hope you aren't against it becuase I think you are going to need it. Don't crate him as a punishment. Teach him the crate is his space, his safe place. Give him a treat (or a small piece of one) when you put him in there. It seems like putting him in a room designated for him would be too much. If he chews on his harness, tell him NO NO and give him something he can chew on in his crate. Keep him on his harness and leash when out of the crate (with you holding the leash) and teach him to come to you when you call him. Work on this for a while until he gets it and don't give him free reign of the house. I hope no one gets mad at me, but when he back talks you have a spray bottle with water in it and spray it toward his face and tell him NO NO. Work on these two things diligently (coming when you call him and not sassing back) and with very few words. As with a child, don't get out of control or they are in control. When you crate him and he is barking out of sheer anger, cover it with a towel or sheet, it will calm him. I bet if you stick to this for 2 miserable weeks straight, you will be AMAZED with your new puppy! (I say NEW because you will probably think he is a different dog). After that 2 weeks, see if you can let him lose in the house and he comes to you. Have him walk a stright line for awhile until it comes natural to him. With dogs, it is repitition, repitition, repitition. Good Luck!
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!