View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #10
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmosMommy View Post
But that's my problem. As soon as we get back inside after he goes potty, he automatically goes to the cabinet with the treats. Because he expects them, I use that time to train him. But the problem is, he KNOWS that I have the treats in my hand already so before I can get the "sit" command out, he does it without me telling him BUT...when I walk around the house and get him to stand long enough for me to say "sit", he'll stand there and just look at me. I'll say sit and he just stares at me. So because he doesn't respond, I'll move again, but when I move he'll automatically sit down again without me saying it. What do I do?
i had morgan do this for a while. it took me a week to train her out of it. she would automatically lay down when she thought i was going to ask her to do something. I was trying to retrain her to sit and did not want her laying down. So when she'd lay down before i said anything i'd say 'nope' and turn around or walk away. if she still stayed in that position i would call her over to me to get her up and then say 'sit'. if she laid down again i'd say 'nope' then walk away. call her, i'd say sit, she'd lay down, i say 'nope' and walk away. i knew she knew the sit command but she thought lay down was easier. if she laid down too many times in a row, i'd say 'game over', put the treats away and stop the game for a half hour. then i'd start it up again later, same way. eventually she did sit and i treated her and said good girl. the every time time i asked her to sit, she laid down ..... patients is a virtue, and i do not have them so this was a pain in the butt. lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!