View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 AM   #1
grayxie
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Star In 24 hours I became Noah's Ark

The last 24 hours have been an eventful one to say the least. Last night with the help of fellow YT'rs (which I really can't say THANK YOU enough to) found a a teapot sibling for Chip, who will be arriving on Thursday I'm still reeling with so much excitement, I can hardly contain it LOL!

Then this morning at 7:30 am someone rings my doorbell, I'm like who the **** could that be at this time???? It was my neighbor down the street, she said there is a cat lying in her driveway and she thinks its injured. So I'm like OK! I'll be there in a few minutes. I wake Bf up, he's not fully awake yet but goes to the garage to get the cat trap. I get a towel, cat carrier, and a can of cat food and head on over to her house. I've seen this cat around the neighborhood before, and I don't think it belongs to anyone. The poor kitty was lying in the driveway and meowed at me, when I approached it the cat ran away. It was obvious it was injured either in the leg or back. Well it wasn't injured enough since it managed to run away from me and I had to chase it down through 4 of my neighbors yards until I caught it. I managed to bundle it up in a towel so it wouldn't be able to bite or scratch me and put it in the carrier. We then headed over to the SPCA, by that time it was 8:00 and they don't open until 9. Ok, so plan B! My vet is located down the street and I knew they opened early. I frantically explained the whole situation, and they took the cat to the back. One of the Doctors finally came in and tried to examine the cat. It turns out to be a female, but they needed my permission to admit her as a 'stray' under my name so they can sedate her and examine her. I personally think the cat had an open wound because of the smell, but I'm still waiting for the Vet to call. I will post updates when I get them.
grayxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!