View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
yogisdad
Senior Yorkie Talker

Star ok

Let me say first, im no expert. but this worked for me.

step 1. goto vet and get tested for a urinary tract infection.

step 2. Yogi got used to his crate just like your pup after like a week. no more cryin or anything. So we setup a play pen for him to be in and live in. Imagine having to pee and being stuck in a crate, id cry too. So id suggest going to target or walmart and getting him a baby play pen, the cheap ones go for under 50 bucks. when you set it up get him a nice soft and warm bed and a baby blanket to wrap around him when he goes to bed. put the bed on one end of the pen and a pee pee pad on the other.

Make sure you always have water availible to him in the pen. use the pen to feed him and to sleep. since he hates the crate, use it for punishment. He pees on the floor then scold him, take him outside to finish then take him straight to his crate and leave the room.

My yogi isnt neutered and is 11 months old as well and he doesnt mark around the house probably because the last and only time he did i struck the fear of God in him. He is becoming a man is going to try to become the man of the house, dont let him. I dont approve of letting a 5 pound dog sleep in a bed with a 180 pound man and a 100 pound woman, one wrong roll and he is injured or worst. Also if he pees on the floor what says he wont pee on your chest.

so to sum it up, crate for punishment and playpen for sleep. the only time yogi would pee or poop on his bed is when he was sick and instantly cried cuz he had an accident.

Hopefully he wont cry in his pen, my yogi doesnt unless he really really has to go potty. Maybe it will work for you.

Last edited by yogisdad; 12-10-2007 at 06:27 PM.
yogisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!