Thread: Hi.... I'm new
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Funkyfinger54
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hi.... I'm new

Hey all my name is Brandi and I'm a Yorkie lover of course. I joined the site because I'm in search to buy a Yorkie and I wanted to know more about the breed before buying. I feel so bad. 4 days ago I went to a pet store not knowing any better and feel in love w/ a Yorkie. I got pre approved for credit and all. Then as I started to look at the paper w/ the dogs info and I noticed ACA was put down as the registry, Broker Hunte Corporation, and Debbie Graham as the breeder. Now what got me to look close into this was ACA. I've always heard of AKC but never ACA. So I deciced to do a google search and found out on two forums that many people had mixed feelings about this registry. Then as I was searching I deciced to type in the dog's breeder and go figure this woman has at least 3 voliations out on her for running a puppy mill, and the broker need I say more is the biggest distributer between puppy mills and pet stores. I had to do my research because even though I feel in love w/ this little yorkie she was just too much all for the price of $2200 to be exact and I've heard in the past about buying a pup from pet stores and what can happen to them like dying or being very sick. So I couldn't let the good looks fool me nor the store that was hounding me to buy. Needless to say a couple of the sites I went to had videos on puppy mills and I got sick to my stomach. Some in my very own area I that I'm aware of and they had the same distributer listed on same sheet that had me look into all this to begin with. What I can't understand is how someone or people in general can be so mean and sick to do this to animals and let lovers of animals feel like crap once their pet has died and leaving them w/ vet bills and so much more hurt. I guess God was on my side to look closer into the issue. I still can't get this dog off my mind and I wish I could help her but if I bought her I would be helping to keep a puppy mill open and by all means from seeing the video I just can't do that. So now I'm here today in a community of real dog lovers and I ask anyone who can help where is a good breeder in the dc, md and va area? Any referrals would help big time. I've longed to have one of these dogs to call my own for yrs now. I know I probably won't get one for Christmas this yr but I hope in 08 I can bring a lovely Yorkie into my home and give her the love she deserves. With all that being said I hope I will get my Yorkie and end up sharing happy times on here along w/ other memebers who are proud Yorkie owners.

Brandi
Funkyfinger54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!