Thread: Potty issues
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheartsok View Post
So what do you suggest since I have two puppies....should I keep them both in their crate at night? I do have one that is big enough for both of them? Our yard isn't fenced so do you think it would be okay to set up their x pen outside for them to go to, to do their business? I know my husband would be happier if they were going outside but part of the reason I chose the pads was because Mindy refused to go out in the rain. How do I deal with that? I'm willing to try anything.

Thank you so much for responding. I appreciate your advice.

Well, I would definitely crate them at night until they are housebroken. But you may have to get up in the middle of the night when you hear them whine, take them out to pee and back in the crate they go. (that's what I did).

Also, Millie hated the rain too (what little puppy does?). So I had to leash her, get an umbrella and stay out in the rain with her until she did her business. NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TOOK. I refused to "take no" for an answer! (Yes it was cold and wet and horrible, but that's what I had to do) After a while they get that they need to hurry to pee to get back in doors and out of the rain.

Having the x-pen outside to enclose a "potty area" is good. They can stay focused and learn that when in the x-pen they have to potty, and after potty, they get out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!