View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 02:49 AM   #1
johnhenshall
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Is this normal behavior for Yorkie

Hello everyone

I brought a Yorkie in sept of this year 2007 my first one, she was six months old and her name is Daisye.We brought her from a normal home ! and the owner had about 7 cats and 8 dogs, all the dogs were in cages, the house was very clean and Daisye was in with 2 other small dogs. We got her home and she was underweight so took her to the vet and was told she was about a pound underweight ( you could feel her spine) so all was sorted out and had her jabs and very good weight gain. But was just unsure of her behaviour as follows-

Sleeps alot and will loose her then find her in the smallest of places all curled up.
I have been off work with injury before before we got her and have really spent a massive amount of time with her, she follows me around 85 % of the time and wants to sit on my knee all the time and even wants to sit on my keyboard rest on for my PC plus sleeps on my pillow by my head at night but when I call her or go to walk towards her she cowers away and looks very scared. I am not a tall person at 5 feet 8 " but understand how small she is.But when you get the lead out for a walk it`s like hitting a turbo booster, she goes crazy with excitment, running around the living room and when I take her out she grabs the lead carring it in her mouth and the only way I can explain is she jumps like a deer jumping through tall grass- has a amazing spring in her heal. She is very nosey and stops and looks at people alot when out and loves other dogs, but as soon as she gets home she wants to sleep. The only thing she likes doing indoors is sitting on top of the sofa with one leg hanging down the cushion is looking out of the window and barking if she sees something, also when she is eating she is go to the kitchen and take one food pellet at a time out of her bowl and bring it into the livingroom and eat it and then go and get another and this repeats, when I give her something extra to eat i.e piece of cooked meat she take it to the chair hops on and pretends to dig a hole,put meat in pretend hole and then with her nose pretends to fill it in and she could be filling it in for a good minute- looks funny to watch. I was wondering if she sleeps alot is maybe she is bored and I would not want that to be the case and if so would like so tips on how to keep her happy-
thanks Keith
johnhenshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!