View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
gutu28
Lovin' the Cali kisses!
Donating Member

Default So stressed! Renting Advice??

So after I graduated from UGA this May, I moved back in with my parents so I could save some money and pay off all the debt I have from school. The realty company I was renting my house from was a NIGHTMARE post move-out.
They charged us for regular cleaning of the house because it was a brand new house when we moved in and they wanted it to still be a brand new house when we moved out (even though we lived there for a year).
They had a checkout list and we did EVERYTHING on it and then they charged us for things that were not on it and took it out of our deposit. We stayed up until 4 am scrubbing the carpets and painting the walls so we could get the entire deposit back. Out of a $1050 deposit, they took about $300..but is not too bad, but it just on unfair terms.
Anyways..I finally got the check in the mail and I deposited it earlier this week. Well, I found out today that it bounced! So the bank charged me for the bad check and also for overdrafting. Also, I know I have something else going through tomorrow and I will get hit with another overdraft fee. Also, my bank acocunt is still connected to my parent's, so anytime I overdraft, it comes out of their account.
I am so sick from all of this! I am so worried they will not cover those charges or not give me another check. Im horrible with money and I am trying SO HARD to get all of my credit cards paid off and then this hits. I hate that it's Sunday, also because I have to wait around till tomorrow to do something about it!
I was going to just call, but I might just drive up there tomorrow (it's about 45 mins away) and talking to them. But that means I have to take off some hours from work. I still haven't told my parents, either..they will NOT be happy!
What would you do??
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!