View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 06:49 AM   #9
rrosenberry
& Bailey & Bella
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbradley
I too would have a hard time understanding the "alpha" dog, but I watched this dicumentary on wolves and how they pack together creating an alpha male and they had a name for the weakest wolf as well but I dont remember what it was called. But it was so interesting! the first to eat when they made a kill was the alpha and the last was the weakest wolf and the weak one would always try to eat before it was his turn and the alpha male would pin him down (but not hurt him). I felt so bad for the weak one he had such a tough life and I thought the others didnt like him but then the weak one was killed by a tiger and the pack was sick about it howling in the night and you could see they were grieving for thir brother. Then after the fact the wolves had to choose another weak wolf to take his place. they also had a wolf that was the care taker of the baby wolves and he would keep an eye on the pups for mom; he was actually more watchful than the mom was. Anyways, after watching that I now get it.
I watched a documentary like that it was " wolves at your door" is that the one you saw, I taped it, it was so sad how they treated the lower ones,, I think Omega was the word. I cried, I also taped it.. Just wondering if thats the one you saw, dont remember the tiger part thoughm so it might be different.

~Anatole France~
rrosenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!