View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Mom2BabyNatalie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Vaccination Question...

Hi you guys....

My next door neighbor got a new 8 week old puppy on Friday (from an ad in the local paper) - and the family she got him from told her that he hadn't had his shots yet. (she met with the husband who was home to show the puppies). Sooooooo, off to the vet they went for check up and vaccinations.... other than being a little underweight, (from having worms), the vet said the pup seemed in good health. She got him his first round of puppy shots (or so she thought) and spent the evening enjoying her new baby.

This afternoon, the wife of the guy where my neighbor got the pup, called her to let her know that the puppy had indeed had his first puppy shots (a 5 way combo) a little less than two weeks ago..... ugh!!

So of course, my neighbor is beside herself with worry that her pup will get sick from the puppy shots being given too close together....

Her vet is closed on Saturday so I thought I'd see what you guys know about the consequences, if any - of giving puppy vaccinations closer than the recommended 3 weeks apart.

Thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!