View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

congrats on getting your new puppy soon. Do yo know how big she is going to be when you get her? If she's really small and a picky eater then you will have to leave her food. If however she devours all he breakfast when you give it to her and you're only going to be gone for 4 hours max (for such a young puppy) then no i do not think you need to leave her food. WHen i first got my puppy i fed her breakfast, which she ate all of, then put her in her crate so i could go to work. I came home at lunch time so she was really only left alone for 4 hours. I gave her lunch, played and pottied her, then she went back in the crate for another 4 hours. Came home, took her outside, then gave her dinner.

if your pup is a picky eater then i would leave food for her. You don't want her becoming hypogylcemic while you are gone. The smaller ones are the ones you really have to look out for. When i took mine home at 13 weeks she was 2lbs. I stayed home with her for two weeks (work vacation) so by the time i left her alone to go to work she was maybe 2.5lbs. i was not really that worried about her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!