View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
PrestigeousYT
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar's Mom View Post
Another thing to think about is if you show this dog, the breeders kennel name will be on it and nothing to indicate that the dog belongs to you and that you trained it unless you name it a certain way. For instance, my show girl is named Dee's Lil Diamond Jewel Theif. The Dee's Lil being me and the Diamond part because she came from Diamond/Diamondhead kennel. My breeder suggested that name. I had someone i bought a puppy from a year or so ago, try to pull a fast one on me , trying to make me use his "unregistered" kennel name by filling out the registration paper with his name on it. Since I planned on showing, I didn't want to do that. this person is a breeder and does not show. I called AKC, they looked it up and told me the kennel is not registered and to white it out and name the dog anything I wanted to. In shows, the winner dog always gets his breeder listed anyway but it is the name on the paper that really stands out.
I had a lady do that to me she now tells people that I was not proud of this dog is why she doesnt carry our name. Which is BS! She whited it out and she and I both know that!
Our contract was revised due to her doing that our dogs will carry Prestigeous as the first part of the name.
I am very proud of my dogs we produce and have worked very hard to get where we are.
I know some breeders register the dogs then when they place them they know exactly the registered name. I really don't blame.
The owners name is also listed in the show wins too.

Deana
Prestigeous
PrestigeousYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!