View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #13
Txgurl06
RIP Skoshi! Love You
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Fudgie View Post
The boys have had TWO accidents today on the bed I took them out and yet they still went on the bed. That angers me so much. I know they know better. I usually have a routine I use. I yell "NO!", then bring them back to the pee spot again, swat their nose, yell "NO!" again, put them outside, and then to their crate for a while.

I'm just not sure how hard to swat their nose. Sometimes I think I don't do it hard enough and it doesn't get the point across. Today I did it so hard he yelped though, so it was probably too hard.
omg well i dont think many people on here believe in hitting their dogs. So pretty just what everyone else said about belly bands and reward for the good are your better options. If you get too angry just walk away. Yorkies are hard to train so no they may not know better. mine is almost a year and sometimes but rarely has accidents. i just show him the spot when i catch him , tell him no, and then take him outside. i dont recommend carrying them outside i make them follow me so they know where outside is when they do need to go. they both go to the door when they need to go.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!