View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
Franceen
YT 500 Club Member

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for all these replies!

I think the broccilli may well be the culprit. I hadn't thought of that before but it does make sense. I will cut that out first then use one of the other veg at a time and see if there is an improvement. Why is too much broccilli not good for her, Ellie May? I always thought it was such a healthy veg. Does it upset them or is there something in it that is not good for them?

Marcella02, I simmer the meat in a little stock until it is tender. I use one third of an organic stock cube to about a pint of water. I add the veg during the last 12 minutes or so and cook them until they are just done but still a little crunchy. I then cut up everything into small bits to prevent her from swallowing whole chunks. I didn't realise that they could react to chicken as I thought that chicken and rice was the blandest food to give, as far as their digestion goes. So much to learn!!!

The main thing is that she has stopped all vomiting since the home cooking which is the best. It is a combination of feeding small amounts, and frequently, as well as the home cooking. Just feeding small amounts of the dog food she was on when we got her, also helped the vomiting enormously but it did not completely stop it altogether. Now it HAS completely stopped and she is putting on weight for the first time. Someone saw her after not seeing her for a few weeks, and she says that Tootsy is altogether a bigger dog. She says even her head is a bit bigger! A few people have commented on how much bigger she is and healthier looking. Her coat is shiny for the first time and her scratching has all but stopped. I must be doing something right! Phew!

I want to get her diet absolutely right , so any help you can give me will be very gratefully received. I will try out all the suggestions you have made in these replies. I also won't start with the lentils or split peas yet.

Thanks so much you guys - what I would do without you, I really don't know.

Luv

Franceen
Franceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!