View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

I can say that Radar is probably Marking in your home, not going "potty". Since he is NOT neutered his hormones are probably in high gear and if there have been other dogs in his life lately, this may have made him a little territorial. (However, if there would be concern for UTI, so you should have that possibility checked by the vet.)

Neutering is supposed to help remedy this problem.

I would limit his water intake after 7pm (move it up an hour) and take him out right before you go to bed, hopefully that's around 10pm or later.

I agree, that he is demonstrating separation anxiety while in the crate. He may just not ever come to terms with it. Have you tried covering the crate with a blanket or towel to cocoon him in the crate to make him feel more secure? A dog hormone diffuser may work also, but I have never tried this to know for sure or not, but it's supposed to mellow them out a little.

I know my husband did not want Millie in bed with us, so I kept her crated at night for over a year and 1/2. She would wake up 1 -2 times a night and I would take her outside to potty and back in the crate. Well, at some point, I let her sleep with us (but she was housebroken and trustworthy, at that point) and she does much better now, at night. Sometimes you just have to cave for the betterment of everyone.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!