View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #9
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyhawk View Post
If you don't know what tests should be performed before breeding I would guess that your first step should be to do some studying. There is a ton of info that can be found on this site. I would not let a gal into my home without approving her first. She should come to an interview with her pedigree and papers, vets shot records, proof of brucellosis testing and that she is parasite free. I would evaluate her for both confirmation and temperment as well as making sure that the owner knows the basics or whelping and puppy rearing. There are so many pups out there now that are horrid representations of their breeds, I would never want to add to this growing problem. Make sure that your gal is an excellent example of her breed, is free of hereditary problemsand that you have learned all you can about whelping than find the perfect male to suit her.
I completely agree...all these evaluations and test should be done BEFORE you decide to breed your dog and start looking for a stud. These are very basic areas of concern that should be addressed and studied way before becoming a breeder. This is avery big decision, not one to just be made hastily. You are in a very good place with lots of info and people willing to help and point you in the right direction.

And might I just say that it is concerns like these that make me glad that I own a stud and don't have to go seeking one.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!