View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #8
Ladyhawk
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomlo View Post
Thank you so much! That does help.

What should a contact state and how much should I be looking at for fees? What kind of tests should I be asking for? What kind should I have done to my girl?
If you don't know what tests should be performed before breeding I would guess that your first step should be to do some studying. There is a ton of info that can be found on this site. I would not let a gal into my home without approving her first. She should come to an interview with her pedigree and papers, vets shot records, proof of brucellosis testing and that she is parasite free. I would evaluate her for both confirmation and temperment as well as making sure that the owner knows the basics or whelping and puppy rearing. There are so many pups out there now that are horrid representations of their breeds, I would never want to add to this growing problem. Make sure that your gal is an excellent example of her breed, is free of hereditary problemsand that you have learned all you can about whelping than find the perfect male to suit her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!