View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #10
coroth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalsmom View Post
That's why I think it is so important to take our dogs to at least the basic training and make sure they know 'come' and 'stay' it can save their life. I see your dog knows when you call his name it means come to me. Good for you.Cindy0721 For the 9 month old you could try a harness and that way if she doesn't like the leash you can make her move and get her used to it more easily without hurting her neck. Just my opinion.
SORRY! OT, but the MINUTE we got the border collie we all went to obidence together! I always wanted to take Beau, but there wasn't a place around here...then one opened up and I was more scared into it than anything because I heard about how border collies can be destructive if not properly trained and exercised. Beau's temperment changed 100% when we brought him, he actually started coming when I called his name, rather than just look at me like "YEA! Right..."

I would really suggest doing it for ANY dog of ANY age! Beau was 6 when we brought him and he learned a lot!
coroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!