View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
wellsy02
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Crying and Peeing Everywhere...HELP!

Ok, i need some help. my wife and i have had our little man since April. We have been atempting to potty train and crate train him. However things have went a little haywire somewhere.

1. Radar has never calmed down in his crate at night. we started by keeping him next to our bed at night, thinking this would calm him, the first month or so was horrible. but eventually got a little better, but now, 5 months later he still wakes up a few times in the night and CRIES, i could never imagine a 3.5 lb animal could make so much noise. We've tried putting him in other rooms, etc, but the second he hears something, he is screaming. We never let him out when he cries, or at least wait 10-15 min, but he has never "grown out of it" what can we do??? we've tried banging on the crate, tried yelling no, etc. everything ive seen on this board, but to no avail.

2. Radar still hasn't figured out this potty training business and he is nearly 11 months old. For a while he was using the potty pads religiously and telling us when he needed to go out, but all of a sudden in the past month or so he has just went nuts, he pees everywhere and doesn't seem to care. What is the deal? He used to hold it overnight 8,9 hours when he was 6 mos old, but now he is nearly 11 and he is starting to pee in his kennel at night, even with water restriction after 8 and careful monitoring. would nutering him help, or is he just being naughty since he has been around some other dogs lately and he is jealous? Its quite frustrating. We just had our carpets cleaned a second time and now that it is snowing, he absolutely refuses to go outside, or if he does, he comes in a pees on the floor AGAIN. Grrr. frustration.

I don't understand Radar, he does all kinds of tricks and lots of obedience, and we love him to death, but he can't figure these things out and it is driving us crazy. please help, sorry for the long post, but it has been a long time coming!
wellsy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!