View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
When I was checking airline restrictions I don't recall ANY of the airlines themselves requiring the health certificate. It's the states that require them and if there is a USDA inspector on the destination end you may be required to produce one.
Have you ever seen a USDA inspector? I'm just trying to figure this out. I'm planning to get the health certificate. Do these inspectors know when pets are flying and might they be there when I get off the plane or when I get back on for my return flight?

Just trying to work this in my head - if the airline doesn't require it, who, when, where wants to see it. Or are the USDA inspectors going to be near the security folks.

Anyone encounter these inspectors? Do they just look at the certificate or also your pet?

I'm getting the form, but boy the vets get their money on these too - I was told there would be an office visit charge and $10 for each certificate - one more expense with flying with pets.

What does a health certificate look like?? Is there a standard? Or is this just basically just a letter from your vet saying the animal is healthy?
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!