View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
shelschrader
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default I had a mini-meltdown at the vet's today

Ever since we brought Marcus Aurelius home in August he has been sick. He was really bad (almost lost him) but he has been doing better the past two months. His cough has never gone away though. We are in constant contact with our vet and go in atleast once a week. Over the past week, Marcus' cough has been getting worse again. So we decided to go in today just to make sure he is ok. When I dropped him off, I was talking to the vet tech. I explained my frustration that he's been home for over 3 months now and he is still coughing and that's its never gone away. I am really close to all the vet techs and the vet since Mr. Marcus basically lived there for over a month. She called about two hours later and told me he was ready to pick up and that the dr wanted to talk to me. So when I got there she asked me to step into one of the exam rooms (which she never does, normally we just chat in the back around the coffee pot). I started to feel really anxious. She pulled out his x-ray from today and showed it to me. His lungs were perfectly fine and she explained that she can't understand why he is still coughing. She said that she's done everything she can think of and has put him on just about every drug in the hospital. She said that she wanted me to go to their other office and see the vet who is the owner of both offices. She said she was just as frustrated as me that we can't make him better. At this point, all of the stress I've been under lately just started pouring out of me. I don't know why, but I just started balling (which I NEVER do). She came over and just hugged me. As we pulled apart, I saw her wiping her own tears away. "Why are you crying?" I asked. She explained she's upset that she's done everything she can over the past few months and he still hasn't gotten completely better. We talked for a little more and I started to feel better. It's not that she doesn't want me as a patient anymore, she just wanted me to get a second opinion. I know I probably sound like a crazy lady for being this upset, I just feel like a bad mommy who can't make her baby better. Thanks for letting me vent, I just needed to get this off of my chest.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!